The Heart of Faerire Oracle by Brian and Wendy Froud
Here we have the Heart of Faerie Oracle Interview by husband and wife team, Brian and Wendy Froud. You might know Brian from his work on Labyrinth (his son Toby was the baby half-brother of Sarah in that movie). Now, he and his wife have dipped their toes into deck creation.
Let’s see how they did!
Starting with the second (middle) column.
1. Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic?
The Green Man: I am nature. I bring wind, rain, and rainbows to you. I am growth.
2. What are your strengths as a deck?
The Lady of Sorrows: I remember every little thing. I have everything stored away. I am an internal memory drive for sensitive feelings.
3. What are your limits as a deck?
Tink: I am driven to voice my opinion. I am assertive. I am independent!
On to the first (left) column.
4. What do you being to the table–what are you here to teach me?
The Lord of the Forest: Now is the time. Go forth and do something! I am the restless feeling within.
5. How can I best learn from and collaborate with you?
The Song: I am present in creation. Even now, as you are typing this, I am the force that chooses the words. I connect words and bring them together to create something big from little things.
6. What do you want to ask of me?
The Returning: Shift your patterns around. Try looking at things backwards, sideways, and curled around themselves. Change grandly.
7. What do you expect me to bring to the table–what can I teach you?
The Lady of Joy: I expect pure enthusiasm. Nothing more than unbounded excitement and nothing less than absolute giddiness. Be both excited and nervous: nervicited!
8. Using only three words, how would you describe yourself
The Heartless Love: Abandonment. Heartbreak. Apathy.
9. What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?
The Lady of Faith: Here, take my armor. Let me help to empower you. It’s quite alright: I have more than enough self-worth for one faerie!
Love the deck? Get it from: Alibris for $5 USD, World of Froud.com (the Frouds store) for $18.97 USD. When possible, I will link to Alibris because they have the lowest prices of any online bookstore that I have come across.
Order a Tarot Reading with Genevieve!
Pay with: Paypal
Pay with: Bitcoin